|1991 Audi 200 20 valve turbo|
|Vehicle type||Four Door Sedan / Five Door Avant|
|Engine / Engine Design|
|Type||Dual overhead cam, 20-Valve, in-line 5-cylinder engine|
|Bore||3.19 in. (81.0 mm)|
|Displacement||136.0 cu. in. (2226 cc)|
|Cylinder block||Cast Iron|
|Crankshaft||Forged Steel, 6 main bearings|
|Cylinder head||Aluminum alloy|
|Valve Train||Dual overhead camshaft, belt-driven, hydraulic lifters, 4 valves-per-cylinder, sodium filled valves|
|Cooling System||Water-cooled, thermostatically controlled electric fan|
|Fuel/Ignition System||Bosch Motronic electronic multi-port injection, dual knock sensors, computer control of timing and boost pressure, turbo-charged with intercooler|
|Engine Management||Bosch Motronic|
|CO2 mass emission, g/km||N/A|
|Power||217 @ 5700 RPM|
|Torque||228 ft. lbs. @ 1950 RPM|
|Type||Quattro all-wheel drive|
|Clutch||self adjusting hydraulic with asbestos free lining|
|Center Differential||Center TORSEN differential|
|Type||Rack & pinion, power assisted|
|Turns (lock to lock)||3.5|
|Turning circle (curb to curb)||34.2 ft.|
|Front||MacPherson struts with negative roll radius, stabilizer bar, coil springs|
|Rear||Independent four-joint trapezoidal arms, coil spring/shock absorber struts|
|Type||Hydraulic power-assit dual circuit|
|Front, size and type||10.9 in., Vented front discs|
|Rear, size and type||9.6 in., solid discs|
|Wheels & Tires|
|Wheel size||6j x 15 light alloy|
|Tire size||205/60 15|
|Engine Oil (incl. filter)||5.3 U.S. quarts|
|Fuel Tank||20.6 U.S. gallons|
|Cooling System (incl. heating)||8.5 U.S. quarts|
|Front Track||58.1 in.|
|Rear Track||58.8 in.|
|Overall length||192.7 in.|
|Overall Width||71.4 in.|
|Height (unloaded)||55.9 in.|
|Ground clearance||5.0 in.|
|Unladen weight in kg / gross weight limit in kg||3351 lbs (3439 lbs wagon)|
|0-50 mph (0-80 kmh)||N/A|
|0-60 mph (0-100 kmh)||6.5 sec. (6.6 wagon)|
|Top estimated speed||150 mph (148 wagon)|
|Automatic climate control|
|Anti-theft vehicle alarm system|
|Front center folding armrest|
|Rear center folding armrest (n/a on wagon)|
|Center console with air vent|
|Electronic cruise control with resume feature|
|Lockable fuel cap with retention feature|
|Power outside mirrors with defog feature|
|Power 2-way sunroof|
|Power windows with one-touch down driver window and rear window lock out|
|Intermittent front wipers with hinged, foldable wiper arms|
|Rear intermittent window wiper with washer (Wagon)|
|Rear window defogger|
|Tinted glass; banded windshield|
|Front seatback map pockets|
|Ski/storage sack (n/a on wagon)|
|Coolant temperature gauge|
|AM/FM stereo with auto-reverse cassette, and anti theft coding|
|Flush door handles|
|Rear fog light|
|Full rear reflective light panel|
|Aerodynamic halogen headlamps|
|Fully galvanized sheet metal|
|Wide-protective moldings with polished inserts|
|Multi-step factory rust protection|
|Rear spoiler (Wagon)|
|Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)|
|Anti-theft vehicle alarm system|
|Child safety rear locks|
|Front 3-point seat belts; height adjustable|
|Rear 3-point seat belts|
|5 mph bumpers|
|1991 Exterior Colors|
|Stone Grey||Pear White|
|Alpine White||Tornado Red|
|Nautical Blue||Glacier Blue|
|Lago Blue||Cayenne Mica|
|1991 Interior Colors|
• Marine Blue
• Quartz Grey
• Marine Blue
• Quartz Grey
• Platinum Grey
• Nautical Blue
VERSION DATE: June 1, 2009
INFO IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
• The A4 product line is critical to Audi of America’s growth in the USA, and the S4 supports this by expanding the line’s sportiness.
• The new S4 is a sports car offering an impressive driving experience, leading technologies, and every-day suitability.
• Audi Drive Select (adjustable engine/throttle mapping, suspension damping, rear differential, and dynamic steering) is a benchmark in the segment and industry.
• All-new version of the 3.0 TFSI supercharged V6 provides excellent acceleration and efficiency in all driving situations.
• New 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission for faster precise gear changes.
• quattro with new optional Sports Rear Differential enhances agility and control.
• S4 will be offered exclusively as a sedan in the USA.
• USA market launch is Fall 2009, as a 2010 model year vehicle.
• Key competitors are BMW 335i and 335xi
• S4-specific interior and exterior distinctive features include:
o New rear LED lighting
o Front/rear bumpers, including unique front grille
o Trunk lid with integrated spoiler
o Aluminum optic mirrors
o Special 18” wheels standard with high performance tires
o S4 brake calipers with logo
o Sport seats with unique interior color offerings
o Black interior headliner
o S4-badged steering wheel, aluminum door sill inlays, key fob, and gauge cluster
o Brushed aluminum interior trim with available carbon fiber, wood, and stainless steel options
• Typical Audi interior design is modern and sophisticated, with clear attention to detail.
• S4 Aluminum-optic exterior accents include front and rear diffuser blades, mirror housings, and four exhaust pipes.
• Modular Longitudinal Chassis architecture is the foundation for a benchmark sport sedan.
o Extensive use of new ultra-high-strength steels increase rigidity of the body while also reducing weight.
o Repositioned clutch / torque-converter allows more forward position of front axle.
• Better agility and turn in
• Better axle load distribution
• Shorter front overhang
• Longer wheelbase = more comfortable ride
o Repositioned steering rack, lower and closer to the wheel carriers lowers center of gravity and provides more direct steering control/feedback.
o Sporty proportions and muscular stance enhanced due to longer, wider, and lower dimensions.
o Reduced front overhang adds to visual sportiness.
Powertrain and Performance
• Standard power train will be the new 3.0 TFSI supercharged V6 mated to quattro® all-wheel drive
• Transmission choices include a 6-speed manual gearbox and a new 7-speed S tronic dual clutch transmission.
• 3.0 TFSI V6 specifications:
o FSI direct injection with intercooled supercharger
o 333hp – 325 lb-ft
o 0-60 mph 4.9 sec (USA est.)
o Top speed 155 mph
• Latest generation of quattro® all-wheel drive is employed, with asymmetric rear-biased torque split (40% front / 60% rear under nominal conditions).
• New available quattro with sports rear differential dynamically varies torque between the rear wheels.
• Fuel economy is significantly improved over previous generation S4 (approx. 25% on European tests)
• Braking system is upgraded specifically for the S4.
• MMI operating logic standard (with central display screen)
• Audi Drive Select – varies the engine, transmission, steering, rear differential, and suspension damping characteristics to suit the driver’s preferences
• Audi music interface – full iPod integration with the MMI system
• Audi Intelligent Key – stores service information in the key
• Advanced Key keyless entry and starting
• Bluetooth hands-free telephone interface
• Bi-xenon headlamps with Audi’s signature LED daytime running lights
• Rear parking sensors with rearview camera
• Electromechanical parking brake
• New 3rd Generation MMI with hard-drive-based Navigation system, including voice control
• Audi Side Assist lane change assistant
• Bang & Olufsen 505W 14-speaker sound system
• Standard 6-speed manual and optional 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch automatic transmission with steering wheel shift paddles
Interior is 20mm longer, rear knee room increased by 36mm, leg room, headroom and shoulder room also increased.
Launch Timing and Pricing
• USA S4 sedan goes on sale in Fall 2009 (as a 2010 model year vehicle), with pricing expected to be similar to the outgoing model. S4 Avant body style will not be offered in the USA.
• European S4 hits European roads in Spring 2009.