If you have been an S-CARS.ORG follower for many years there is a good chance you remember our early S-Car Registry. In fact, the origins of this site date way back to 1995 with the creation of an online Audi owner registry site that was called Autobahnia. You’re *really* from the old school if you can remember that far back.
At any rate, our site (and the registry) have gone through a number of evolutions over the years and we’re pleased to announce that we’ve relaunched the Audi S and RS Owner’s Registry here at S-CARS.ORG. The registry is open to all owners of Audi’s S and RS series cars as well as the 20 valve 200, Sport Quattro and R8 series cars. At the present time, “S-Line” edition cars are not included although we may add them in the future.
UrS4 and UrS6 owners: We really need you! We’re trying to get as many of these vehicles registered as possible in order to get an indication of how many of them remain in service. Please register your car and share the link with as many other UrS owners as you can. We even encourage you to register vehicles that have been totaled or taken out of service for one reason or another. Think of this as a global UrS census of sorts! Please, help spread the word and build the registry!
Please pardon our brief diversion from business as usual in order to do a little shameless promotion. Well, we’d actually like to take a moment to express our appreciation for a couple of our affiliates. These are obviously services that we use and have been happy with and therefore feel confident enough to share them with you.
First, we give big kudos to our web hosting company, BlueHost. Having managed numerous sites since 1995, we’ve dealt with many (MANY) different hosting companies over the years. In terms of shared hosting, BlueHost is definitely one of the best we’ve dealt with. We’re not having constant email issues, hacking incident issues or some of the other pains we’ve commonly dealt with on other hosts. As an added bonus, they are truly affordable as well. If you sign up for a hosting account via the banner link below you’ll also be helping the S-CARS.ORG site as we are part of the BlueHost affiliate program.
The next quick thank you and endorsement is for something I use on a personal level for backing up data on my home computers. While I do burn important documents to DVD and BluRay, it is also nice to have an all-in-one secure cloud based backup that I can access from anywhere. For this, I’m a happy Backblaze user. Simply sign up for an account for only $50 per year and download the Backblaze client. It works in the background uploading the contents of your hard drives with NO space or bandwidth restrictions. Pretty amazing given the low cost of the service. And yes, just as with the link above, every new sign up helps us a little via the affiliate program.
Finally there is Amazon. I’ve been a customer for years and a Prime member for just over a year and can honestly say I’ve not once had a bad experience with Amazon or their customer service. For this reason I have maintained an affiliate relationship for them for many years. Do some of your shopping using the link below and you’ll help us a little thanks to some affiliate revenue.
There you have it. I do hope you find the affiliates above to be up to your standards as well. I’m always a user before I become an affiliate of anything so I won’t plug something just for the sake of revenue. Your use of these services will benefit the PBVM which in turn helps pay our hosting costs as well as the cost of catalog acquisitions etc. Thank you very much for your support!
If you’re new to the web site chances are that you’re wondering what all can be done here. That would be a valid question considering we’ve taken a big leap from our old web site. We’ll try to give you a brief overview below of what members can do.
First of all, membership is free and we only use your email address for S-CARS.ORG related purposes. That means no 3rd party spamming or silly mailing lists. We’re an enthusiast organization not a marketing group, so have no fear.
1. You may share your name and location along with vehicle data with other users.
2. You can upload up to 40 photos to your profile album to be shared publicly or privately with only registered users.
3. You can create friend connections to other S-CARS users which will enable you to keep track of their forum posts and other activity updates.
4. You can post your own activity updates for your friends to see (similar to a status update on Facebook but S-CAR related)
1. Members can post free classified ads within our new ad system.
1. Join Groups and discussion Forums catering to specific Audi S or RS models. We also have some regional interest groups to get you connected to other nearby owners.
2. Share photos or other select files with other members within the forums.
Our Web Links:
1. Suggest web sites for our link directory.
Our Image Galleries:
1. Upload your photo or photos for inclusion in select image galleries on the site.
2. Vote on your favorite images
Create and Manage Content!
1. Want to take an active role and be a writer on the site? All you have to do is drop the site editor a line and submit a sample of your writing or an idea of what you’d like to do here. If we like your style you could score an editorial gig here and bring joy to the entire S-CARS universe… or something like that. 😉
2. Moderate a forum: We’ll likely need a few level headed minds to help us keep an even keel within the forums as time goes on.